At AXT Jiu-Jitsu in 2019 we covered a ton of material, with some of it being new to many students. This week let's take a quick look and review what was taught during the Gi classes. In chronological order here is how the year panned out:
1. MOUNT ESCAPE FLOWS
2. ARMBARS 101
3. SIDE CONTROL ESCAPES
4. KIMURAS 101
5. BASIC GUARD SWEEPS
6. FUNDAMENTAL TO INTERMEDIATE LEG LOCKS
7. BASIC GUARD ATTACK SYSTEMS
8. BACK MOUNT ESCAPES
9. GUILLOTINE ATTACK SERIES
10. OVERHOOK POSTURE – ADVANCED GUARD SYSTEM
11. BACK TAKES – FUNDAMENTAL TO ADVANCED
12. BASIC STANDING PASSES
13. KNEE ON BELLY ESCAPES
14. DE LA RIVA GUARD FUNDAMENTAL SYSTEM
15. SCISSOR POSTURE – ADVANCED GUARD SYSTEM
16. "FLOWER POWER" POSTURE – ADVANCED GUARD SYSTEM
Of course there were other topics mixed in here and there from various seminars and camps in which different people attended. Plus, we periodically had competition prep classes which forced students to step up their games. Not to mention all of the NoGi material, which had entirely different focuses from the Gi classes throughout the year.
All together there were many topics explored and hopefully they went toward improving everyone's game. Get ready because 2020 is going to be epic!
Learn. Drill. Roll. TRANSFORM!